The following technologies are popular in Dojos and are a good place to start.
- Scratch is a free programming language and online community where you can create your own interactive stories, games, and animations.
- HyperText Markup Language, commonly referred to as HTML, is the standard markup language used to create web pages. It is written in the form of HTML elements consisting of tags enclosed in angle brackets (like <html>).
- Python is a widely used general-purpose, high-level programming language. Its design philosophy emphasizes code readability, and its syntax allows programmers to express concepts in fewer lines of code than would be possible in languages such as C++ or Java. Find out which Dojos use it here!
- PHP is a server-side scripting language designed for web development but also used as a general-purpose programming language.
- Arduino is an open-source electronics prototyping platform based on flexible, easy-to-use hardware and software. It's intended for artists, designers, hobbyists, and anyone interested in creating interactive objects or environments.
- Learn to code and build hardware projects with the BBC Micro:bit.
- Git is a free and open source distributed version control system designed to handle everything from small to very large projects with speed and efficiency.
- Xcode is an integrated development environment (IDE) containing a suite of software development tools developed by Apple for developing software for OS X and iOS. Find out how to use it here!
- MySQL is a widely used open-source relational database management system (RDBMS). Learn how to use it here!
- Node.js is a software platform that is used to build scalable network (especially server-side) applications.
- Joomla is an award-winning content management system (CMS), which enables you to build Web sites and powerful online applications.
If you have created content you would like to share feel free to post it on the CoderDojo forums or email it to email@example.com.
You can also submit content directly to Kata.