About The Studio
If you want to edit videos, images or sounds for free, the studio is where you want to be!
- Csound : Although Csound has a strong tradition as a tool for composing electro-acoustic pieces, it is used by composers and musicians for any kind of music that can be made with the help of the computer. Csound can also be used in real-time and interactive contexts, on mobile devices or in combination with other programming languages.
- PureData : Aka 'Pd' is an open source visual programming language. Pd enables musicians, visual artists, performers, researchers, and developers to create software graphically, without writing lines of code. Pd is used to process and generate sound, video, 2D/3D graphics, and interface sensors, input devices, and MIDI.
- Audacity : is a free, easy-to-use, multi-track audio editor and recorder for Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux and other operating systems. The interface is translated into many languages.
- Blender: is the free and open source 3D creation suite. It supports the entirety of the 3D pipeline—modelling, rigging, animation, simulation, rendering, compositing and motion tracking, even video editing and game creation.
- Four film making sessions Into Film : The resource consists of an extensive PowerPoint presentation, with guidance for leaders beneath the slides, which runs over four Into Film filmmaking sessions, with four corresponding Code Club coding sessions to complement them. Further leaders' notes and activities are also included.
- Popcorn by Mozilla Webmaker : The resources section of Webmaker is your guide to Web Literacy. Discover new powers like coding, storytelling, protecting your online privacy and more. Each section has links to discover, hands on projects to make and activities for teaching.
- Processing : Initially created to serve as a software sketchbook and to teach computer programming fundamentals within a visual context, Processing evolved into a development tool for professionals.
- GIMP: is an acronym for GNU Image Manipulation Program. It is a freely distributed program for such tasks as photo retouching, image composition and image authoring.
- Inkscape : is used by design professionals and hobbyists worldwide, for creating a wide variety of graphics such as illustrations, icons, logos, diagrams, maps and web graphics. The Inkscape project has a growing international user community, and many learning materials exist to help get you started with your creations.